Monday, March 15, 2010

Bike Peddler Spring St George Trip

Feeling less than confident in my mechanical skills I opted out of driving 300 miles on an engine that I had just finished rebuilding.  I made a call to Josh McCarrel, feeling like kind of a looser I asked if he knew if anyone who would be willing to let me tag along to St George with them for the annual Bike Peddler spring trip. Turns out he was riding down with Nick, a buddy of his from the shop, and they had room for me in the truck.  This was a good move, I am sure I would be dead on the side of the road near Scipio if I would have attempted to drive the Rabbit. 
It was really good to get to know Josh and Nick, we know a lot of the same people and had a great time trading stories back and forth.  The riding in St George was phenomenal.  Friday we rode Barrel Roll and another trail right next to it that I forget the name of.  Both trails were fun mostly smooth single track that would be great for novice riders.  Saturday morning we rode the Slickrock Swamp trail, had a great time playing around on the rock.  Around lunch time a storm blew in so we stopped by Dairy Queen loaded up on some grease and headed to the hot tub to wait it out.  After the storm blew past we headed out to ride Prospector followed up by worship services at the Zen trail on Sunday morning.  All in all it was one of the best road trips I have ever been on.  Great riding, caught up with some old friends and made lots of new friends.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Yep it Rocked

1 comment:

  1. I think your a better photographer than me.
    Nice recap man, thanks again for coming.

    ReplyDelete